Call for Papers
NOSSDAV 2017, the 27th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, will be co-located with MMSys 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan on June 20—23, 2017. As in previous years, the workshop will continue to focus on both established and emerging research topics, high-risk high-return ideas and proposals, and future research directions in multimedia networking and systems, in a single-track format the encourages active participation and discussions among academic and industry researchers and practitioners. Out-of-the-box ideas are particularly welcome.
The workshop seeks papers in all areas of multimedia networking and systems. Authors are especially encouraged to submit papers with real-world experimental results and real data sets. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Applications for social media and networks
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)
- Energy-aware and green computing
- Media streaming, distribution and storage
- Mobile, cloud, and peer-to-peer systems
- Multi-core and many-core systems
- Health care and quality of life
- Multimedia communications
- Multimedia data analytics and visualization
- Networked games
- Networked GPUs, graphics, and virtual environments
- Real-time immersive systems
- System security
- Visual search
- Web 2.0 systems and social networks
- Wireless networks and embedded systems for multimedia applications
Submitted papers must be original and should not be currently under review for any other publication. All paper submissions will be handled electronically in the NOSSDAV 2017 submission web site. Submissions must be prepared in the ACM style, written in English, use 10 points font size, and no longer than 6 two-column single-spaced 8.5" x 11" (letter size) pages in PDF format. Authors of accepted papers will need to present their paper at NOSSDAV 2017 in person. The Proceedings of NOSSADAV 2017 will be published by ACM and distributed at the workshop electronically, and will also be included in the ACM Digital Library.
For submission deadline, see Important Dates.